After last week’s blog, we hope you see that tipping really should be included in your budget.
It is a “big” [expensive] deal.
It’s not out of the question to ask about tipping. Ask other brides, your vendors, site managers, concierge and hotel employees how tipping has been handled in the past.
Plan ahead and have gratuity ready in sealed envelopes prior to the event. Have extra envelopes on hand for those unexpected lifesaving services and appoint a trustworthy person to present them to your vendors. A plain business envelope filled with cash is fine, but adding a “thanks for everything!” will have so much more meaning to a vendor. Ask your printing expert to create a special Thank You card for just this occasion.
Suggested List Continued:
- Photographers/videographers: $100–$200 if the pro is part of a larger outfit or agency (but not the owner). Second shooters should receive $50–$75.
- Catering Manager: $250-$500.
- Waitstaff: 15% of the total pretax food
- Bartenders: 10–15% of the total pretax bar bill. Request they refuse tips from the guests.
- Reception band/DJ: $25–$50 per person. Give a bit more if they got everyone involved.
- Chauffeur/driver: 15–20% of the total bill
- Valets: $1–$2 per car given in advance. Request they refuse tips.
- Delivery people: $5–$20 per person
Then there is tipping on the honeymoon!
- Bellhop: $1–$2 per piece of luggage
- Doorperson: $1–$2 per task for any kind of assistance
Housekeeper: $2–$4 per day
Concierge: $5–$20, depending on the request(s)
In light of this information, there is one thing that should be remembered in gratuity policies – the amount you leave should be based on EXCEPTIONAL service! When someone goes over and above what is expected of them and you are pleased, show your gratitude!
Team Beauti experts want you to know we love what we do and tips are greatly appreciated. We also consider one of the best things you can do for our team is to share your experience with other brides. Remind your family, friends and co-workers, we are available for any occasion!
Visit us www.teambeauti.com for more information about the company and like our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/TeamBeauti – we encourage and welcome your posts.
Joanne & Peggy