If you have had a facial, done by an experience esthetician, than you already know what I am about to say. Washing your face morning and night is important BUT having a facial every 4 to 6 is extremely beneficial. My Signature Facial not only cleanses your face like never before, I also make it priority to pamper you as well. I have gone to high end spas expecting to “get what I pay for” but ended up extremely disappointed. I felt rushed, not relaxed one bit. Product after product was slapped on my face and to be honest, I couldn’t wait to get off the table.
I take great pride in my facial and use the very reputable skin care line from Image Skincare. Image Skincare is an evidence-based clinical skin care company, providing professional skin care products and effective skin care solutions. Their chemists have created the most scientifically advanced formulas in today’s marketplace to create pharmaceutical grade skincare products that give me the ability to offer professional treatments and products that yield unparalleled results.
My Signature Facial is $65 and runs approximately one hour. Let me tempt you with some details.
My spa room is dimly lit with candles and soothing music is in the background once you enter the room. You will get comfy in a spa wrap and then slip into the cozy bed. The facial begins with a chat about your needs or concerns. Then the magic begins:
I cleanse the chest, neck and face using the skincare line best suited for you. Exfoliation is next with steam using physical and chemical exfoliators. Extractions will be done as needed for black heads, white heads and milia. I then massage on shoulders, neck and face. Following the 10 minute massage, I apply a customized mask along with eye and lip treatment. While masking, I massage on arms and hands. After the 10 minute masking, moisturizers for face and eyes reapplied. A scalp massage is then done to release any left over tension is one to wrap things up.
Take the time to treat yourself to a facial. I guarantee you will not regret it.
Joanne ~ Team Beauti Owner/Esthetician
About 10 years ago I was “introduced” to Zig Ziglar. Zig Ziglar became the top sales person in several organizations before striking out on his own as a motivational speaker and trainer. With a Southern charm and lessons grounded in Christianity, Ziglar wrote over two dozen books and encouraged millions by his lessons for success. During the time I was making a life changing decision to leave Nursing and start my own business, I found this particular quote to be my overall motivator.
“You will look back in life and either say, I wish I had, or, I’m glad I did.”
A few others I find fantastic as well!
“Remember that failure is an event, not a person.”
“Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”
“If you can dream it, you can achieve it.”
For more inspirational quotes, visit www.ziglar.com
Enough said 🙂
Team Beauti ~ Joanne
Bare Skin – Pure Brightening Serum Foundation
A tone correcting mineral foundation and brightening serum in one. The application leaves you with a natural finish and also a brighter complexion a more youthful appearance. It’s smartly formulated without oil, silicone, parabens or fragrance. I mean, can it get any better than this?!
Be sure to head to your nearest Bare Escentuals boutique to get your compliementary customized foundation fitting. This product is a “Must-Have” year round!
Tarte Cosmetics Braziliance Face and Body Tanner helps you achieve a healthy faux glow, while also giving your skin brightening vitamin C. This gives you the perfect beach bronze glow without the damaging rays!
Metallic toes let bold prints shine!
So, crank out your graphic prints and bold color heels, because these Nars metallic nail polish will let you shine all day and night!
Team Beauti ~ Alejandra
Team Beauti’s “Bride-to-Be” Makeup Tips
I love to flip through magazines and stare at the beautiful makeup the models are wearing, and I personally wonder, “Why can’t I look like that?!” You too??? Here are a few tips to looking your greatest on a special day (or everyday for that matter) whether you are doing it yourself or hiring a professional. I encourage you to be a part of every decision if going with a professional artist to create your look. It’s important you feel comfortable with the products and what best suits you. There is nothing better than a decisive bride. That leads me to your first tip.
1. Find inspirational pictures of your favorite bridal makeup looks. Bring them in or keep them stored in a journal. Just like you plan everything else for your wedding, make sure you also take the time to find a great makeup artist. Do your research and read testimonials from former brides. If you’re planning to do your own makeup, make sure you take the time to recognize your skin tone and texture so you properly invest in products that compliment your skin!
2. Finding the right products that go great with your skin also means feeling comfortable while wearing them. Choosing a foundation can be very intimidating. Just remember, if you rarely wear foundation, or any makeup for that matter, I suggest you wear a very light formula such as tinted moisturizer or BB cream. Below is a picture of one of my favorite lightweight formulas.
3. How to pick a blush or bronzer that will still give you a natural look? Go for exactly that! Make sure the bronzer is very soft and is not a deep brown and when picking blush, go for a “flushed” color. You can’t go wrong with a light pink or coral color!
4. Wear a waterproof mascara!
5. Lips- Team Beauti loves to use a lip stain because it is guranteed to give you great color and literally lasts all day…and then some! We use Revlon Color Stay Lip Stain and they have a ton of shades to choose from. Go ahead and start experimenting!
6. What products to bring with you during your special day?
– Translucent Powder or blotting papers (to remove excess oil)
– Lip Gloss (to retouch your stain and give it a luminous effect)
Team Beauti Expert ~ Alejandra
Summer Makeup Tips
It’s officially summer! This calls for cool refreshments, pool time and beach parties! Want to head out looking awesome? Once summer hits, having makeup stay on where you put it gets alot harder. Here are some quick makeup tips on how to stop it from melting away!
Primer is a must-have year round but most important during the summer. This will ensure that your foundation and blush last longer. You apply primer after you have washed and mositurized your face. (Tip: If you have acne prone skin choose an oil-free face primer)
Apply a pea sized amount to your fingertips and distribute product throughout your forehead, cheeks and chin.
Instead of reaching for your heavy foundation, try something more lightweight. Go for a tinted moisturizer or BB cream. Either are lovely to use because it feels like you have nothing on and it also evens out your skin tone and adds a touch of radiance. If you choose foundation instead, choose one that contains silicone. This will help prevent it from melting when things start to heat up.
Exchange your powder blush/bronzer to a gel or cream. Sheer creams, liquids and gel sink into the skin so they dont appear “cakey” like powder can.
Regular mascara can melt in the heat! Opt for waterproof formulas instead!
Team Beauti ~ Alejandra